Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"I already know your mother"

Two people I am acquainted with, that I know independent of each other have started to date. I learned that some time ago that their mothers were co-workers.

When it comes to relationships I am always a firm believer in getting to know the family in a reasonable time frame before considering whatever adults do now in their relationships.I don't know I had my teenager daughter explain to me what 'Netflix and Chill' meant, so I am clearly out of the loop there.

But there is something nice about already knowing the family dynamics of other person's family.

Less to figure out.

But also the trust factor, a subject that I posted about earlier this year. If your own mother can vouch for the integrity of the family and if everything independent of that is great, already knowing the person's family is an amazing bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment