Monday, February 15, 2016

NSFW Commentary on the personal ads on Craig's List

So I've been looking for work, on Craig's List and other sites. And well, I got tempted with curiosity about the personal ads on Craig's List. Being on the other side, married at home with children, yes I wonder what it would be like as one of my peers.

There were very few "women looking for men", mostly women my age, maybe even traveling in the area. Most really didn't sound that desperate, rather more of the 'why not' type of attitude. It doesn't hurt to at least post something. I felt the expectations were not realistic, but you know what? It doesn't hurt to say what you want!

There was definition more men looking for women, and some were sincere and others were creepy in my eyes. Again more of the "why not" and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Then...

Then,,,

I peaked into the "men looking for men"

I wan't surprised, but disappointed. OK. Yes, all the sexual cliches and stereotypes about homosexual behavior. Looking for a hook up, usually desiring some sort domineering/submissive act. Of course,the person making the request he is unable to 'host' . Even willing to meet up in public, despite trying to be discreet.

I will make the presumption, that many of these men are not even gay. They aren't closeted gays, either. 

The postings were much more numerous then the heterosexual personal ads. Ads very open with the pictures of one's penis. (Yes, this why I'm putting the NSFW on this.)

Thinking at a level of public and emotional health, it was sad to ponder on these personal inquiries. Some were open about the fact they were married fathers, and more worrisome were younger men willing to submit to older men.

This isn't a judgement of homosexual orientation or even gay relationships, because there is a void of anything emotional in these postings. This is a judgment of behavior.

4 comments:

  1. Why would you assume they weren't gay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it is easier to hook up with a man, than a woman due to the differences between the sexes.

    When you have a sexual addictions and willing to go online for anonymous sexual trysts, it really isn't about orientation anymore.

    It's frustrating wasn't the idea to 'come out' and to form openly known relationships was to prevent such unhealthy behavior?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see how that would be some of the population. As for coming out and openly known relationships, I don't think it was ever about that. I think it was about doing whatever you wanted without stigma or shame. No rules, man! Rules are for squares! :-)

      Delete