Sunday, April 6, 2014

Difference between the person and a lobby

This post is in reflection of my conversation with Mr. Lynne, I failed to separate the person from subject. My apologies, My Lynne.

Right before Lent, I complained about Internet Memes.
No longer do we share actual news stories and discuss the pros and cons, we just ‘like’ and ‘share’ photos with some words that have little reference to them.
This is where a problem lies, we end up allowing a lobby speaks for us instead of ourselves. Someone has to make these Internet Memes, they have an agenda. There are Catholic memes, because we want to 'spread' a message easily with a like and a share. But it's not having a conversation of ideas.

Remember the 'who am I to judge' comment from Pope Francis, so easy taken out of context out of the conversation. He was actually being critical, not of homosexuals but of lobbies.
So much is written of the gay lobby. I still have not met one who will give me the identity card with “gay” . They say that they exist. I think that when one meets a person like this, one must distinguish the fact of being a gay person from the fact of doing a lobby, because not all lobbies are good. That’s bad. If a person is gay and seeks the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge him? The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this in such a beautiful way, it says, Wait a bit, as is said and says: “these persons must not be marginalized because of this; they must be integrated in society.” The problem isn’t having this tendency, no. We must be brothers, because this is one, but there are others, others. The problem is the lobbying of this tendency: lobby of the avaricious, lobby of politicians, lobby of Masons, so many lobbies. This, for me, is the more serious problem. And I thank you.
Conversations becomes frustrating, because what if someone isn't calling you a bigot in a disagreement, but the more influential lobby is. And yes there is a lobby. Notice how the issue of lobbies never got transferred to the social media.....

I recently had to unfollow (not unfriend) someone due to the over posting of Internet memes on Facebook. I did message the older and well educated person to let her know how some of the images were out of hand, because of the collateral damage. Her posting depicting a cartoon of violence. The image of Christians killing a gay person wrapped up in a rainbow flag with Bibles in a surreal setting, just imagine this in reverse? I don't think she would be please. My attempt to contact her with a private message didn't work out and she was defensive of her speech. Instead she said my questioning of the image, made her feeling like she was being beaten!!! WTF (I rarely use profanity.) She then unfriended me.

To say there is a gay mafia, can be hurtful and harmful to gay people. It's like Italians being stereotypes solely as mafioso types. While the mafia is real, imagine fearing every Italian you have met? That would be silly. But there is a cultural mafia in the tyranny of moral ambivalence, specifically on marriage and family that has been brewing before gay marriage (which will be yet another post).

Boycotts and buycotts are somethings we are entitled to do. We really have to choose carefully, and understand why and the impact. I still boycott Prince Spaghetti! I do NOT hate the cities of Fresno, CA; St. Louis, MO; and Winchester, VA where the pasta is now produced!!

No comments:

Post a Comment