More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary
1. Last year I had a popular 7QT on STDs. A year later the same subject.
2. We switched to a female doctor in the practice at my daughter's request. I also had my daughter check in herself and fill out the forms. I was in the room with her, but I had to speak as much as possible.
3. She didn't care for the paper johnny and waiting for 15 minutes.
4. The HPV vaccine came up. We had a good conversation. We talked about the window in which obtaining the virus is most prevalent, but also the reality that it is unlikely for a college student to come back every two months for the full three shots.
5. 14 years of age is more of an ideal age for the vaccine if it is chosen. The pediatrician in her practice knew of no adverse reactions personally, but was aware of the concern.
6. The benefits of abstinence and monogamy are real, but it is about having an ongoing conversation with you children about relationships and emotions. Even at an age in which they personalities and maturity are clearly not there and everyone is in that middle school obnoxious stage really matters.
7. Earlier this week, one of her male classmates made a snotty comment that she had a 'hand me down'. No one sent me the memo, that all eleven year olds MUST have their own phone that is new. I told her to forgive him and that the boy will one day grow up to be a caring person. Also it was a good lesson, that if ever a guy speaks to you that manner later in life, run away!