Friday, January 3, 2014

A Decade in Blogging (I)

Monday, December 05, 2005
Unused knowledge
I was skimming through my mother's book on pre-natal care. My mother is an LPN, and has been for the past 35 years. I was reading in the pre-conception chapter, and it graphicly described that a women can pinpoint her own ovulation in her cycle by the change of the cervical mucus threads. It also mentioned in detail the elasticity and length of typical mucus thread to indicate ovulation in a woman. That's natural family planning!

So why isn't this being taught to women and men, as I bang my head against the keyboard. It just drives me nuts. Here is this knowledge that is basic for every nurse in pre-natal care and it is rarely talked about or acknowledge by the medical establishment. As my husband says business is in the business of making money. What are they going to do if women really didn't need the pill?

(2014)My view hasn't changed.

Saturday, November 26, 2005
I don't have the time to make an informed decision
And who does? And do politicians want it that way?

Recent article on Yahoo regarding how few protesters there were for and against the war in Iraq. Right now I fall in the "we need to finish the job" camp, but I wouldn't do anything beyond mentioning it in my blog. And honestly I couldn't give you decent arguments for either side. How am I going to figure out the conflict in the Middle East when I have trouble figuring what is going on in the city.

My husband has supported me in my interest in local concerns, but he says how do you expect someone like him be involved. Many people work on a global economy basis, too busy thinking about his next vendor and end user, not what is going on down the street. Does he care that policy can have a negative effect on us, our peers and nieghbors in Lowell? Yes. But a thousand other things run through his mind on a much larger scale.

(2014)My view hasn't changed, and I'm more involved in local concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment