More Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary
1. And the Grammy Goes to...Satan (yeah, we just don't bother) The blog entry in the link is by Sr. Clare Hunter, who actually endured the Grammy's. She does a wonderful explanation, why it was that bad it indeed deserved that recognition without damning anyone to hell.
2.I think we can all agree the entertainment industry isn't what it use to be. How did it get that way?
I don't agree with everything at Media Consolidation, but it's worth a look to remind ourselves where our media comes from.
4. There is more diversity within in a mile of my home in Lowell Massachusetts, then anything that is on commercial television.
5. At Media Consolidation, they list who owns what and how they are connected, is really informative. It allows anyone to make a better decision on where they get their media from. I highly recommend the link.
6. We're at a point, we don't even turn on the TV. We may not even replace it, when it breaks.
7. Remember when 'Alternative' had meaning? That is what dumbfounds me at least a few times a week, we had a real 'indie' scene established. There was a lot of tolerance (see the link). It's gone. Taken over.