More Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary
1. I don't ususally talk about my children on 7QTs.
2. How do teach a child the importance of good study habits?
3. The child is a mule, who won't budge. I have done everything to make it easy for the child, but I can't physically force a child to study. I'm not going to read out loud or do the homework. I won't be there for the test, the child will be.
4. The teacher is aware of the situation, the teacher isn't going to check the child's bag every afternoon. The child is perfectly capable of writing down the homework assignment and putting the materials in the school bag.
5. The child isn't dumb. This isn't an academic issue. The child is perfect capable of As and Bs. We all have a bad day, so even and occasional 'below 70' doesn't bother us. We just want the child to study and do the homework.
6. Bribery works, I need to instill this value without bribes. It worked with the multiplication fact. I bought single serving glass bottle orange soda, and told the child he couldn't get the soda until the child came home with a grade of an 85 or higher on a math test.
7. Consequences (no tv/electronics) do not bother the child. The child is creative, the child can amuse himself with a paper clip.