Join Jen at Conversion Diary for 7QT Follow up on the Pop-tarts is #7 below.
1. I don’t need a free cell phone. First it was the pop-tarts, now it is the free cell phone.
Walked out of the Department of Children and Families (I volunteer here), and a man with an Assurance shirt ask me nicely if I needed a free cell phone. I said no. Then he asked if I was on food stamps or MassHealth I don’t have a problem with subsidized/free phones. I have a problem with the MARKETING of this.People find out about food stamps and Masshealth without the need of marketing, if they have a need they will seek out help. Public service announcements is different then recruitment, which isn't allowed. Community resources are NOT A SALES GUY approaching random people on the sidewalk.
2. Do you check in on your parents? Are you obligated to? New law requires Chinese to visit their elderly parents as country struggles to care for aging population – National Post
3. Lynne is my 180. Lynne and I are exact opposite, despite being the same age, same education achievement, and same childhood backgrounds.
OK I admit it, I cried over the Facebook thread. Not out of anger or even at a personal level, just frustrated that post-modernism is so apart of main-stream culture and values that even suggesting anything has structure when it comes to human sexuality to dismissed with laughter.
I'm not faulting my neighbor, simply we could be talking science and yet when it comes to human sexuality science doesn't apply. The idea that a penis is designed by nature to ejaculate into a vagina was mocked. Or that a mother and father are equally important.
4. ABOVE THE LAW sides with pro-life arguments. Wendy’s Wasted Voice: Why Fighting the Texas Abortion Bill Was Not ‘Pro-Woman’
Wendy Davis opposed a bill that gives women seeking abortions the same level of safety as women seeking LASIK on a Friday afternoon. Should I have feel empowered as a Texas woman that I can currently get a D&E for an unplanned pregnancy at a place with lower standards than where I could get a endoscopy for an acid reflux diagnosis? What is so “pro-woman” about lower health and safety standards for abortions?I think a part of hell froze over.
7. Follow up on the Poptarts. On Thursday, the free lunch program served chocolate muffins.