1. I've been invited to share my posts over at Alexandria Crossroads of Civilization
"The guiding principles in Alexandria are that a diverse universe of perspectives is healthier than an inbred ideological one and that ideas and their expressions must contend for themselves without intervention or favoritism from the cybergods. If you prefer a safe place where your point of view will be sheltered, Alexandria is not that place. Alexandria is just the opposite: the center of the arena."
2. A one minute segment on the Lighthouse of Alexandia.
3. My daughter is named after Katherine of Alexandria. There is a movie that was suppose to come out on the Saint, but never released.
Increasingly involved dads are good news for kids, studies suggest. For example, dads who nurture and play with their babies have kids who grow up to have higher IQs, according to a 2006 report by the Office on Child Abuse and Neglect. These benefits extend into the teen years: In 2001, the U.S. Department of Education found that kids with highly involved biological fathers were 43 percent more likely than kids without involved biological dads to earn mostly A's in school.We no longer can say married mother and fathers, even though that is what they are suggesting. Everyone, for the time being, let's just play along. OK, just don't call it marriage for now. No one likes that word, marriage is icky. People think strange things about you, if you discuss marriage.
The destruction of marriage is set to resume as soon as same-sex marriage becomes the law. We've been pretending that the traditional institution is soooo important that it's terrible to exclude gay people. But you can see the anti-traditionalists itching to move forward — ever forward — with the new! -Professor Altouse
6. I know I should feel validated since I've maintained my stance on marriage over the years here in Massachusetts, but who cares if I'm personally right. This isn't about ego, this is about seeing families cracked in half, then pieces before your eyes. Super Glue, does anyone have any Super Glue?
7. The Lighthouse of Alexandia