1. Warning to Catholics this photo/Internet Meme is painful. The trap to respond emotionally is a common occurrence on our Facebook Feeds.
2. Yeah, a good punch in the gut. Wasn't it? (I didn't respond back) But when you make such remarks in regards to the horrible child abuse that occurred within the Catholic Church, you are not giving an arguments in favor of gay adoption. You are utilizing the child abuse scandal for your own personal means of attack, you're not making an argument. Just make the argument.
3.Tragedy can happen anywhere, in a Catholic Church or with a gay couple. I can find numerous variations of different people (even local), who abuse children and organizations/relatives that cover it up. Photos above do not help in discussing our differences and weighing the facts on the issue.
4. The Internet Meme I saw was on Facebook, it was 'liked' by someone. So it was fed into my news feed. I don't expect everyone to agree with my public policy views or my faith, but if you disagree with me then do it positively, without having to put anyone else down.
I didn't feel it was proper to personally respond to this, it was just something 'liked' in passing. I doubt the person meant any harm, probably just saw the immediate irony of the message. In fact the person and I agree how the breakdown of a relationship, breaks down the ability for a child to see his/her father.
5. And that's my struggle with discussing marriage, no matter how positive I make it. It gets back that somehow I'm creating a negative. I'm not. It is not a negative to say a child has a mother and father. Also I've made it very clear how 'non-adoption' I am, searching out for related kin as a proper home is a priority before seeking non-biological relatives. Biology matters in living creatures.
A study into the brooding behaviour of birds has revealed their dinosaur ancestors shared the load when it came to incubation of eggs. Research into the incubation behaviour of birds suggests the type of parental care carried out by their long extinct ancestors.We can research dinosaurs needing their mom and their dad, but I can't say human beings need their mom and dad. I can't say we should create public policy that specifically promotes a responsibility between a man and a woman for the needs of human beings to have both biological parents there to raise them.
7. OK, something that's funny. A Father's Journal / The real reasons why most men don't cheat on their wives Here are two... read the whole thing.
5. When he sees a bountiful woman, he imagines only seeing his kids every other weekend. 7. He has seen his friends go down the path. Not one of them met with success.