Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Abby Johnson at Fanueil Hall

"In all the dioceses of the United States of America, January 22 shall be observed as a particular day of penance for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion, and of prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life."

General Instruction of the Roman Missal, no. 373

MCFL speaker to discuss defections among abortion industry workers
In June last year, Johnson changed that. She started And Then There Were None (ATTWN), an organization dedicated to helping those in the abortion industry to leave. So far, 42 men and women have been assisted -- one of them from Massachusetts.
The assistance they receive ranges from emotional to financial support. They qualify for up to three months of financial assistance, help with finding another job, free legal counsel and a spiritual advisor of their choosing. Johnson never wants a lack of funds or fear to chain someone to the abortion industry. Crises pregnancy centers support women who feel trapped, and ATTWN seeks to do the same for abortion clinic workers, she said.

It has been ten years since I was sworn to the Bar at Faneuil Hall. I had my oldest, who I gave birth to while in law school right in my arms and my 94 year old grandmother present in the audience. The government is denying our rights and pump money into organizations that profit from abortion, but those who experience the abortion industry first hand need our help as much as the woman who is pregnant. I'm not financially powerful to the off set campaign fund funneling into the local politicians coffers. I can help a local nurse who wants out.

If I didn't have a prior commitment I would of been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment