Friday, March 9, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. If 72% of Catholic Democrats think caring for the poor is important, then why are the remaining 28% calling themselves Democrats. In the same research 61% of Catholic Republicans, considered thought it was also important to care for the poor. Considered high for those who label themselves, conservatives.

2. “It is not about contraception. It is not about women’s health. We’re talking about an unwarranted, unprecedented, radical intrusion” into “a church’s ability to teach, serve and sanctify on its own," said Archbishop Timothy Dolan.

3. If you’re in an active open homosexual relationship and consider yourself a Buddhist, you may not take Holy Communion, even at your mother’s funeral. Why? Why? Why? You are no longer Catholic; and you’re an adult. It seems the local parish was more then charitable in with your antics. Someone called you on it. Don’t cry. Stop your temper tantrum. It isn't that we don't love you, it's that you're being an obnoxious jerk.

4. Upper class people more likely to be unethical. Water is wet too.

5. An alternative to marriage? Every man gets a DNA test at birth of his child in New Jersey. No court order, make it mandatory. People seemed outraged at the idea, I think it is novel.

6. Why is #5 a good idea? Court: Man owes child support for children, not biologically his own. “The Massachusetts Appeals Court has ruled that a man whose estranged wife conceived twins through in vitro fertilization must pay child support even though the children are not biologically his and despite a signed agreement between the couple that he is not financially responsible for them.”

7. My son is making his First Penance, this Saturday at Saint Michael’s. Confession really isn’t that bad. I suggest make an appointment, if it’s been a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment